Yellow zucchini soup
A festive meal to look at alone is yellow zucchini soup. The soup contains delicious zucchini that provide flavor and color. It’s a meal soup so you can scoop up quite a few bowls of it. Because you use yellow zucchini, the taste is different than you are used to. Personally, we like the yellow one even better than green zucchini soup. Yellow zucchini is sometimes not available in the supermarket all year round. Sometimes you can get the yellow one at the specialized vegetable store. In the summer months you will find the yellow zucchini everywhere. The zucchini is then in full season.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of persons: 4
- 3 yellow zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 floury potatoes
- 1 cube of maggi vegetable broth
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 75 grams of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Salt pepper
- Olive oil
- Fill a kettle with 1.2 liters of water and bring it to a boil. When the water has boiled, pour it into a measuring cup. Here you add the block of Maggi vegetable broth to let it draw.
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes and chop the onion. Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Finely chop the garlic.
- Take a small dry frying pan. Put it on medium heat and add the pine nuts. Roast them slowly until golden brown. Then put them back on a plate.
- Take a soup pot with a thick bottom. Put a little olive oil in here. Add the onion and fry until fruity. Now add the garlic and squeeze it out above the pan if necessary. Turn the whole thing around.
- Now add the zucchini and fry it with the rest. Bake the zucchini for about two minutes.
- Now add the pine nuts, bay leaves and the potato. Add the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then lower the heat. Let the soup cook for 20 minutes and check whether the potato is cooked. When the potatoes are cooked, remove the bay leaves.
- You can now puree the soup until smooth with a hand blender. Taste the soup to see if it has a good taste. You can add extra salt and pepper for more flavor if desired.
- You can then serve the soup with a few pine nuts on top as a garnish. Just make sure you toast a few extra and keep them aside for garnish.
Tip: Yellow zucchini has a much creamier taste than green zucchini. So you don’t have to add crème fraiche. Do you still miss the crème fraiche? Then of course you can always add a tablespoon to the soup. But in principle this is not necessary.