Italian zucchini soup
The Italians, of course, know what cooking is. They know how to bring out the most delicious ingredients perfectly. A delicious simple soup to make yourself is Italian zucchini soup. The Italians love zucchini and the vegetable naturally grows throughout the country. For relatively little money you can buy a zucchini on the Italian market. If you don’t already have them growing in the garden like most Italians. Unfortunately we are just in the Netherlands, but we can bring the feeling of Italy to our own kitchen. With this Italian zucchini soup we imagine ourselves in Italy for a moment. In addition, the soup is also easy to make yourself. Handy if you’re not such a kitchen prince(ss). You will have prepared a delicious soup even without cooking knowledge. A soup that works well in the winter months. The fresh taste of zucchini can of course also be enjoyed in the summer. It is, after all, a summer vegetable.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Number of persons: 2
- 250 grams of Italian sausage
- 2 zucchini
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 floury potato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tsp Italian spice mix
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper and salt
- Boil a liter of water in a kettle. When the water has boiled, pour it into a measuring cup. Add a bouillon cube to this to withdraw.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, remove the seeds from the pepper and cut into cubes. Cut the tomato into quarters and grate the carrot. Cut the zucchini into cubes and dice two stalks of celery. Peel the potato and cut into wedges.
- Remove the skin from the sausage, so that only the minced meat remains.
- Take a soup pot with a thick bottom. Put a little olive oil in here. Fry the onion in it a little glassy. Now add the minced meat from the sausage and fry everything until done.
- Add all vegetables except for the tomato and potato, including the Italian spice mix. Fry the vegetables for a few minutes until translucent.
- Now add the tomato with a tablespoon of sugar and fry for a minute.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil while stirring. When the soup is brought to a boil, add the potato.
- It is now important that all the flavors start mixing. For the best result, you can put the Italian zucchini soup on for an hour.
- Make sure that the soup does not boil dry and if not, add some more boiled water.
- Now puree the soup until smooth. Can you keep seeing some vegetables? Then you can choose to take out part of the soup and put it in the blender. This way vegetables remain intact.
- After your soup has been pureed, you can let it reduce for another five minutes.
- Now serve the soup in soup bowls with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top as a garnish.
Italian Zucchini Soup