Android OS gives the flexibility to modify the system to the core and change every functionality of the OS if needed. Rooting is the first thing you’ll do on your device to enjoy privileged access on your device. However, the main fun lies with the installation of custom recovery and thereby installing tons of custom ROMs and mods. OnePlus One has a huge developer network and you could find many custom ROMs and mods to install but first you have to boot your device into recovery mode.
Rebooting into recovery mode on OnePlus One is quite simple. If you don’t know how to enter into OnePlus One recovery mode, check below for various methods to boot into recovery mode.
How to Boot Into OnePlus One Recovery Mode
There are multiple methods to boot your OnePlus One into recovery mode. We have covered 3 of the most used methods to boot into recovery mode. The most preferred method is the hardware coded key combination followed by ADB tool and 3rd party apps. So, choose the method of your choice.
Method 1: Hardware Key Combination
The hardware key combination method is the fail-proof method that will always work unless you have a defective hardware key. If that’s the case, follow the other two methods. So, here’s the hardware key combination for booting into Oneplus One recovery mode.
- Switch off your OnePlus One.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the recovery mode options on your device.
- Once you see the recovery options, you can let go of the two buttons.
Method 2: Using ADB Command (PC Required)
This method requires a computer and a working ADB setup. ADB is a very useful tool which is used to send terminal commands to Android device via a command prompt. In this method, you’ll execute a simple command on your PC which will put your device into recovery mode. So, it’s highly useful when your hardware buttons are buggy or you’re frequently booting into recovery mode as a part of testing. First off, click the links below to install the ADB & Fastboot files and USB drivers for OnePlus One on your PC.
Follow the below steps to boot your device into recovery mode.
- First off, prepare your device:
- Enable developer options: Go to your device’s Settings » About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Go to your device’s Settings » Developer options » tick the “USB debugging” check-box (sometimes listed as Android Debugging)
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on your device asking “Allow USB debugging?”, tick the “Always allow from this computer” and press OK.
- Navigate to the folder where you have installed the ADB files and open a command prompt inside the folder by pressing Shift-key + Right click in the empty space inside the folder, and select Open command window here option from the Windows context menu.
- Now simply type the below command and press the enter key to boot into fastboot mode.
adb reboot recovery
Method 3: Using 3rd Party apps (Root Access Required)
You can use a 3rd party app to reboot your device into recovery mode and it’s the easiest of the three methods in this tutorial. However, the catch is that you should have root access on your device. So, if you’re already rooted and want to reboot into recovery mode, this is the simplest and the preferred option.
- Download and install any 3rd party reboot apps from the Playstore. We prefer the Quick Boot (Reboot) app, you can download it from below:
- Open the app and grant SuperSU permissions when prompted.
- Select“Recovery”from the list of options and the device will automatically boot into recovery mode.