Since Meta owns both Facebook and Instagram and connects the platforms together, it is a question many users are wondering about how not to share Instagram stories on Facebook as the feature can sometimes be frustrating. You can use your Facebook credentials to log in to Instagram.
This simple process combines your two accounts, which may have unintended consequences, such as Instagram sharing your Facebook account with Posts and Stories. Satisfying, you can prevent Instagram from sharing to Facebook without separating the two.
There are three different approaches, each with advantages and disadvantages.
- Unlink Facebook and Instagram keeps the two accounts separate and prevents cross-posting of updates. But you can’t sign in to Instagram with your Facebook ID either.
- You can choose whether or not to do that stop sharing stories and/or messages from Instagram to Facebook by going to the App Settings (Global) page. This will not unlink your Facebook account from Instagram. Therefore, you can still login to Instagram with Facebook. Suitable for regular users who choose to keep different accounts.
- Local Settings (Post-specific) – this offers more granular control and asks Instagram to ask you if you want to share every update on Facebook or not.
Now that we’re aware of our options and what they accomplish, let’s take a look at these settings more detail.
How not to share Instagram stories on Facebook?
As mentioned above, there are several ways to answer the question of how to not share Instagram stories to Facebook. Below we will provide you specific instructions about how to apply them all. If you’re somehow trying to curate and share better content with your followers, you might also want to know how to create Instagram Collaboration Collections and save posts with friends. Nevertheless, let’s talk about details.
Unlink Facebook and Instagram
As said, you can permanently cut off the link between Facebook and Instagram so that the two accounts are completely independent. No worries or sharing. Both Android and iOS follow identical procedures, although we’ll use an iPhone as an example in this post. Please note that the UI can be a bit different.
- Select Institutions of the Kebab menu (the three-bar icon) by tapping profile icon in the bottom bar.
- Select profiles at the top of the screen after tapping Account Center at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the account you want to unlink, in this case Facebook, from the list. Tap to do this Remove from Account Center.
- On the next screen, where you’ll be warned about what will happen if you continue, tap Get on. To complete the process, press Remove ‘account name’.
Your Facebook account and Instagram account should do that no longer be linked. Your Instagram posts are no longer automatically shared on Facebook. But you too can not log in with your Facebook login details. That’s why you have to log in with your e-mail address or phone number next to your password. If you forgot your Instagram password, click the Forgot your password link and enter your email address.
Close Share between profiles
For those who skipped the introduction, this approach just disable sharing Set up Instagram posts and stories to Facebook instead of disconnecting your Facebook account from Instagram like the previous one did. The upside is that you can still log into Instagram with your Facebook credentials without worrying about Instagram post immediately to Facebook.
- Repeat the previous steps to gain access Instagram settings of the Kebab menu.
- Share between profiles can be selected by tapping Account Center bottom of the screen.
- Just Switch off the options for Your Instagram Story And Your Instagram posts after selecting the Instagram profile.
What Instagram posts to Facebook is now under your control. Since these are global app settings, anything you select here will apply and function for all posts and stories.
Share messages and stories individually
There is a switch that when turned on will share the same story or post on Facebook when you send a Post or Story to Instagram. However, for it to work, Facebook must be connected to your Instagram account. Let’s take a look at the location and operation of that setting.
Share Instagram posts to Facebook
The Share screen will appear after applying filters and effects when you click the + icon to start adding an image or video to an Instagram post. Here you can Switch off the sharing options for Facebook and other social media.
You can also use the Share your posts on Facebook option by selecting Advanced settings.
Share Instagram Stories on Facebook
Just like you can share an Instagram story to Facebook, you can do the same on Instagram. Select Send toand then select Part.
Now you have the option to share your Instagram story on Facebook. If chosenwill be placed at the same time on Instagram Story and Facebook Story.
Whether and how your Instagram posts and/or stories are shared on Facebook is entirely up to you. You have the option to completely unlink the two accounts, turn off platform-specific sharing without unlinking individual posts and stories, and manage to post to Facebook for specific posts and stories. If you need more help with the problem, you can visit Instagram’s help center to find more peculiar help.
Source: How not to share Instagram stories to Facebook explained