Pepper zucchini soup
Soup is of course perfect to get a lot of vegetables in. You can put several vegetables through it without realizing it. Handy if you are not a vegetable eater. Zucchini soup is full of vitamins. The only drawback is that zucchini itself has little flavor. You actually miss a piece of taste sensation. Fortunately, there is an alternative to add more flavor to your zucchini soup. Paprika zucchini soup is a delicious variation on the well-known green soup. The soup no longer looks green. This might be an advantage if you prefer an orange soup instead. A bell pepper is also packed with vitamins and vitamin C. In short, a great soup for an immune boost. A bell pepper zucchini soup is a great way to get some extra vitamins.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Number of persons: 2
- 2 red peppers
- 4 red tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 dash of tabasco
- 125 ml light crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cut the bell pepper into cubes and remove the seeds. Cut the tomato into quarters and remove the stem. Cut the zucchini into pieces. Grate the carrot and chop the onion. If necessary, also finely chop the garlic, unless you have a garlic press.
- Take a soup pot with a thick bottom and add a little olive oil. Now fry the onion until translucent. Then briefly add the garlic. If necessary, press it with a garlic press above the pan.
- After 30 seconds, add the bell pepper and zucchini. Fry this for two minutes.
- Put 1 liter of water in a kettle and bring it to a boil. Pour the water into a measuring cup with a vegetable stock cube. The broth can now steep for a short time. You can also do this at the beginning of the preparation.
- Now add the tomatoes and carrot and fry for two minutes.
- Now sprinkle the vegetables with the herbs: paprika powder and rosemary. Fry the spices for a minute.
- Now add the broth and bring the soup to a boil. Let the soup simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Grab a stick blender and puree the soup until smooth.
- Now add salt and pepper and a dash of tabasco. Tabasco can be added to taste. You can taste in between to see if the taste is right.
- Now stir the crème fraiche through the soup. Taste the soup briefly after adding the crème fraiche. Sometimes a pinch of salt and pepper is still necessary for the taste. Serve the soup in bowls with a garnish of finely chopped parsley.