A good night’s sleep is extremely important. But what if you can’t sleep well at night? The search for a good night’s sleep can sometimes seem endless, because what is that golden tip for you? We would like to help you in this quest. Have you ever heard of weighted blankets? This innovation has already helped many people sleep better and deeper, reduce stress and feel more rested. In this blog we tell you everything about weighted blankets.
What is a weighted blanket?
A weighted blanket is, as the name suggests, a blanket with extra weight. The weight is evenly distributed over the blanket and creates a subtle pressure on your body. This pressure mimics the feeling of a hug, which has a calming and relaxing effect on the body and mind. The technique behind the blanket is based on the scientifically researched therapy called ‘deep pressure stimulation’. You often feel more secure and safe.
You also don’t have to worry about the heat of a weighted blanket. You can use a weighted blanket in both winter and summer, without getting too hot. A weighted blanket is not warmer, it takes over the temperature of your body. So you don’t need a special summer weighting blanket, you can just use the same one all year round.
Also for children
Did you know that there are also special weighted blankets for children? These blankets have an adjusted weight, so that your child will experience the blanket as a tender hug. A child’s weighted blanket is ideal for children who have trouble falling asleep or who often wake up during the night.
Benefits of a weighted blanket
1. Better Sleep Quality: The weight of the weighted blanket gives you a sense of security and relaxation. This makes you fall asleep faster and you also sleep deeper. It helps your body produce the sleep hormone melatonin and reduce the stress hormone cortisol.
2. Reducing Stress And Anxiety: The deep pressure stimulation of the weighted blanket helps to lower the stress hormone cortisol and increase the happiness hormone serotonin. This creates a general sense of calm and relaxation, making you more resistant to stress and anxiety.
3. Help With Specific Ailments: Weighted blankets can also provide relief for people suffering from certain conditions, such as autism, ADHD, fibromyalgia, and restless legs syndrome. The deep pressure stimulation has a calming effect on the nervous system, which can help reduce symptoms.
4. Improved Focus And Concentration: Because the weight of the blanket helps to reduce stress and anxiety, it can also have a positive effect on your focus and concentration. When you feel calmer and relaxed, you can concentrate better on tasks and you are more productive.
5. Increased Sense of Security: The blanket ensures that you get a sense of security, the same feeling you get when someone gives you a nice and warm hug.
••On mamaloublogt.nl we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase via that link, we will receive a commission. This will not cost you anything extra. In addition, I sometimes get paid or receive products in exchange for an item. More information can be found in my disclaimer. ••